Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shifting Gears, going back to R&R.

So I am flighty, what can I say. Lately I have been wanting to do something more with Ruins & Ronin, so I have decided to go back and expand it and put it into a digest format of 2 or possibly 3 books (6x9 book on lulu). When I say expand, I mean to add in new classes (those already available on my blog and a couple of old ones that never got published) as well as add a new player race or two.

I have already commissioned some art work for the covers, and plan to include interior art this time as well. In addition, I hope to put out a regional sandbox type setting or an adventure for R&R later this year as well.

For now 2 books will definitely be:

Book 1: Player's Book (character creation, classes, races, spells, and equipment)
Book 2: Referee's Book (rules of the game, monsters, and treasures)

For a possible book 3 I am thinking of

Book 3: Empire of the Eternal Sun (a sandbox setting for the game).

For now Boarding Action is on hold, mostly due to my lack of focus and short attention span.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring for me though?!

13 comments:

  1. I love R&R (the game, not just being lazy) so this is GREAT news. I'm still excited for Boarding Action too though, so hopefully the pendulum doesn't have to choose either/or!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news (although not, I guess for those looking forward to Boarding Action).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be positive, I suppose it gives the BA fans more time to get their (ok, OUR) art, articles, monsters, items etc finished !

    ReplyDelete
  4. R&R is cool, but I too hope you still plan on supporting Boarding Action!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure Boarding Action will see more love this year too. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear about R&R getting a some more love. If your putting out another edition you can count me in as a buyer.

    I just got the physical book last week and there were a few errors in my copy. I tried to email you, but I'm not sure if you got it. The formatting doesn't match the Lulu PDF (different fonts, different page lay outs, etc.) It as also missing at the "Reading Monster Entries" sub-table.

    PS: If we get to vote I say the Hengeyokai should definitely be put in (please.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand the shifting of the gears. I hop projects often, myself.

    Besides, R&R is an excellent product but always felt unfinished to me. Seeing it get some more attention should do it some good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Given what I've seen of your maps and sandbox ideas on this site and the S&W one, I think Book 3 would be the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Call me lazy, I still haven't ordered a print copy of R&R yet... Rest assured, it is top of my "Lulu order when I can afford it" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would just like to say....

    THIS IS AWESOME NEWS! :)

    I'm with Sean, it's the setting stuff I'm most excited about, but all three books will be definite acquisitions.

    Shame Boarding Action has to take a back seat for a bit, but as Sean says, more time to get submissions in.

    - Neil.

    ReplyDelete