Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some old Xplorers RPG material

I found the half-assed attempt at a fanzine I tried last year in an old backup of my now dead pc. There was a very cool piece of art by Kelvin Green for the powered armor, so I cleaned up the document and posted it to my download section. The Boarding Action Number 1 contains my weapons and armor tables along with the aliens (stuff that was already in the download section) but with the added art by Mr. Green (who's stuff is pure awesome).

You can download Boarding Action #1 here, or in the sidebar.

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Mike. I'm planning on running X-Plorers for some friends soon (and possibly on G+) and I'll definitely be porting in some of this. The artwork is great, and reminds me (in a GOOD way) of poring through RIFTS books as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, this is very appreciated! Do you still play X-P or did you for any length of time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jeremy.

    @ze bulette: No, never have played it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very kind of you Mike, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool stuff. I've been playing X_P since the beta release and I'm sure I'll find some use out of this. I noticed you changed the damage on a few of the standard weapons,anyb particular reason?

    I was just talking to a friend about wanting to do an OSR scfi fanzine. There are plenty of games out there to support, and I do love the genera, but I don't think I have the artistic talent to pull it off by myself, nor the pull in the community to organize a community project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @BlUsKrEEm: To be honest I don't remember, I haven't touched these rules in over a year.

    ReplyDelete