Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Eonia maps from an old Rolemaster campaign.


Back in 2002 or so, a friend of mine ran 2 Rolemaster campaign in a world he called Eonia. I found a small bit of map of his the other day and it re-kindled my interest in that old game. So I sent him an email to ask if he still had the maps (they were made in the original Campaign Cartographer software - so they were old). 

Not only did he still have the files, he had a website he created for his personal use on the laptop he brought to the game sessions. Anyway, he sent me the files, and other than some names I don't care for, these maps are a thing of beauty. They show their age as far as computer mapping goes, but something about them really works for me.

So, if I ever run the new D&D, I will use the following map and the Forgotten Lands, and the city of Riverjun as the starting area. I don't know what scale he used, but for me, the hexes are 1 league (roughly 3 miles in my version of Eonia).


I will post more of his maps later, if anyone has any interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment