Thursday, March 8, 2012

My answers to 20 Questions...


1.       Ability scores generation method?
3d6 in order
2.       How are death and dying handled?
 Death below 0, 0 is roll on table (by me) but depending on results could still be in the fight.
3.       What about raising the dead?
Yes by powerful clerics.
4.       How are replacement PCs handled?
This is FlailSnails, they appear as needed.
5.       Initiative: individual, group, or something else?
Group initiative.
6.       Are there critical hits and fumbles? How do they work?
Double damage on natural 20. No fumbles.
7.       Do I get any benefits for wearing a helmet?
Yes on the Special 0 hit points table.
8.       Can I hurt my friends if I fire into melee or do something similarly silly?
Yes, random determination for misses.
9.       Will we need to run from some encounters, or will we be able to kill everything?
Run is always a good option.
10.   Level-draining monsters: yes or no?
Hell yes.
11.   Are there going to be cases where a failed save results in PC death?
Oh hell yes.
12.   How strictly are encumbrance & resources tracked?
Not strictly, I expect everyone to have and use some common sense.
13.   What's required when my PC gains a level? Training? Do I get new spells automatically? Can it happen in the middle of an adventure, or do I have to wait for down time?
No training, yes automatically, only after an adventure never during a session.
14.   What do I get experience for?
Typical stuff, killing monsters, collecting & spending treasure, and some bonuses for good role-playing or travelling to new places.
15.   How are traps located? Description, dice rolling, or some combination?
A little of both.
16.   Are retainers encouraged and how does morale work?
Yes, and morale works as per Labyrinth Lord rules.
17.   How do I identify magic items?
A sage or Detect Magic will work.
18.   Can I buy magic items? Oh, come on: how about just potions?
No, not even potions.
19.   Can I create magic items? When and how?
At high levels maybe, will cross that bridge when we come to it.
20.   What about splitting the party?
On G+ sessions, no I wouldn’t recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment