Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I have returned.

If there is one thing I hate about vacations, it is coming back to work. Nothing like trying to catch up on a week of missed work (and close to 400 emails to wade through). So, don't expect much from me the next day or so. I do plan to continue with the formatting of my Ruins & Ronin book, now that I have a feel for it. Speaking of my Ruins & Ronin work, which would you prefer for a print size the standard 8 1/2 by 11 or 6 by 9? I have started both sizes and personally think a 6x9 book would be cool. But it would not "stack" well with standard S&W books...

Also, guess what was waiting for me when I arrived home from Florida! That is right, the new Hackmaster Basic game. (I had pre-ordered it). I have not had a chance to give it much of a look yet, but from what I have seen, basic is not the right word for it. But let's not rush to judgment yet.


  1. My copy arrived yesterday as well. I'm pretty impressed by what I've seen so far. You're right that it's not exactly a light system.

    Last night as I was reading I got a slight Rolemaster/MERP/HARP vibe. Nothing about the system in particular is akin to the Rolemaster heritage. HMB sparked a similar part of my imagination.

  2. ...you just wait until you see the "Advanced" game! :)

  3. The HMB cover is gorgeous. I'm a huge Otus fan. I'll have to get a copy of it for that reason alone.